David J. Kessler
20 Barberry Road, Lexington, MA 02421
I am a management consultant, serial entrepreneur, angel investor, digital artist and photographer. You can see some of my art elsewhere on this web site.
I worked in the computer software industry for more than 35 years. During that time, I founded or co-founded a number of for-profit companies and one nonprofit. I started and ran VieAbility for 14 years during which time I created and brought to market a number of products including FAST! and CD Speedway. VieAbility also provided software consulting services and we worked on some prominent products including Quicken and Lotus 1-2-3.
I also created and operated a business consultancy and executive coaching practice for a number of years. After 9/11, I worked for a time teaching TSA baggage screeners at airports how to find bombs in suitcases.
Starting in 2012, I entered the world of angel investing which I find truly fascinating – but I continue to take pictures and create digital art. I'm always looking for new opportunities to display and sell my work. See the gallery at my web site for the latest images and the latest exhibits I'm hanging.
Patents and Publications
- Articles on business, management, computers and coaching published in the US, Canada, Australia, England, Japan, Hong Kong and France.
- Patent #5,628,014: Methods and apparatus for node caching at the file level.
- BA, Computer Science, University of Michigan
- Fundamentals of Modern Marketing, American Management Assoc.
- Executive Coaching Institute, works with leaders in organizational and personal transformation
- MA, Music (not completed), University of Michigan
Community Service in Lexington, MA
- Lexington Town Meeting Member: elected twice.
- Appropriations Committee: studied the then $92,000,000 budget and recommended action to Town Meeting.
- Interview committee for superintendent of schools.
- Elementary school math curriculum selection committee.
- Math & Science coordinator's Citizen's Advisory Committees.